Aspire One 722 - Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by DMX1, Apr 28, 2012.

1. DMX1

DMX1

Hi guys,

Managed to buy a refurb 722 off of Argos recently for a marvelous £135!

The only downer was that it came with a three cell battery which is not man enough for what I would like to do.

I have bought two batteries from Ebay that are the correct part number but do not fit my machine. They have a slightly different fit at the the top edge of the battery to the one I have. As such, they fit, but cannot lock into place - being 1mm or so out of true because of top edge issues. These have gone back for refund.

My question to you is can you give me any advice where 722 batteries that are KNOWN to fit correctly are available? I've gotta stress that "known" word chaps... both the Ebayers I used said that their batteries would fit the 722 because it said it on the packet etc. LOL.

Any advice would be humbly received. Many thanks.

DMX1, Apr 28, 2012
  2. DMX1

DMX1

To close my own query...

Ended up buying an official Acer battery off Fleabay as nearly new from a failed unit. This works perfectly.

From further research it would seem unlikely that any offered third party battery has the correct holes on it to correctly fit the 722. Excercise extreme caution if going down this route and make sure you can retun any battery (prefereably without postage costs) if you run into problems.

The Chinese sellers are as helpful as they can be but seem to struggle with any of the finer points of the Queens English when asking questions!

Thanks for those who at least looked at my query - for now, I'm a happy bunny.

Many thanks.

DMX1, May 5, 2012
  3. DMX1

haplorrhine

I've got a 6-cell for this model. I can only run it for 6 hours as I take digital notes. I looked for a 9-cell, but they're scarce in comparison to the 6-cells.

Would you recommend buying a second 6-cell and switching batteries when I'm low? The manual warned me to avoid breaking pins while inserting the battery, so I'm afraid that frequent battery switching could cause an accident. Furthermore, I would need to protect the unplugged battery from being damaged inside my backpack.

Would you recommend any 9-cell batteries? Should I just make myself certain that it's an official Acer 9-cell?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    haplorrhine, Aug 4, 2012
Ask a Question