Aspire 7720 doesn't recognize DVD/CD Drive

Discussion in 'Acer' started by nt_87, Jul 28, 2011.

1. nt_87

nt_87

Hi all,

I have Aspire 7720 with Windows 7 (Upgraded from Vista). The computer is not recognizing my DVD/CD Drive while in windows (DVD/CD drive doesn't show in Device Manager but it blinks and works for a couple of seconds during bootup but doesn't boot from CD).

What I already tried:
    - Registry fix (remove Upperfilter and Lowerfilter)
    - Ran registry scan/fix program
    - Ran Microsoft Fixit
    - Opened laptop and removed and then reattached DVD/CD drive

What I found out:
    - Computer boots faster and doesn't heat that much if DVD/CD drive is not connected

PS: This is the original CD/DVD drive that came with the laptop. I don't know the brand or model number of my DVD/CD drive since it doesn't show up in device manager. Also there are no DVD/CD drivers on Aspire website.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
    Thanks

nt_87, Jul 28, 2011
  2. nt_87

doffen

Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
    Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
    Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
    if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software.
    If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

Restart pc,en

doffen, May 8, 2012
Ask a Question