Aspire 5517 not connecting to wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by otter2208, May 9, 2013.

1. otter2208

otter2208

Last few days been working on my laptop using wifi with no problems. Shut off computer last night but when I powered it up this morning it will not connect. I goto the bottom right of my screen, click the up arrow showing and see my wifi connection with a yellow triangle in it. I click the wifi options and see that my router there at full strength. It says I am connected when I click on it, I click disconnect then try to reconnect and it won't connect. Its an acer aspire 5517 on window 7 home premium if that helps. I have tried to check and see if driver needs updating but it says everything is fine. ANY AND ALL suggestions would be great!! I can plug an ethernet cable in and it works fine. Also my cell and iPad connect no problem. Also tried a system restore and that did not help. Thanks in advance

otter2208, May 9, 2013
  2. otter2208

something back

something back, May 9, 2013
  3. otter2208

bobthemuffinman

Try going into your command prompt as admin, then type ipconfig /release. After it gives you a new line type ipconfig /renew.

bobthemuffinman, Feb 20, 2014
Ask a Question