Aspire 5000 rebooting itself

Discussion in 'Acer' started by wastingtime, Apr 28, 2014.

1. wastingtime

wastingtime

It does it at random times, for no reason. It's doing it more and more often. Sometimes I get a brief flash of blue screen when it does it. Then it goes strait into disk check mode and often finds errors. Is it approaching the end?

wastingtime, Apr 28, 2014
  2. wastingtime

Brian8gbSSDLinux

For a Laptop that was first (and only year of sale) sold in 2005; with a magnificent 512 Mb of DDR RAM... I must assume you are still using Windows 98...

Constant drop outs into Disk Check and finding errors... hints (probably blatantly states) that the Hard drive is dying... fortunately; Laptop Hard drives are usually available for under £40 - and I would suggest you think about replacing the Hard drive... as being MUCH cheaper than buying a new Laptop...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Apr 29, 2014
  3. wastingtime

wastingtime

Well, sometimes it doesn't do a disk check, but it always says afterwards "system has recovered from a serious error" It will sometimes abruptly BSOD and reboot when there is no apparent disk activity. Log from last time says: System error, category: (102), Event: 1003, Error Code: 000000cb.

Already got everything I need off it. Just want to know if this could mean other hardware is going bad. Don't want to replace the HDD and find I still have the problem. BTW, it has 2 GB ram and XP 2002.

wastingtime, Apr 29, 2014
  4. wastingtime

Nestone50

Classic symptoms of a hard drive going bad. You are losing sectors of the hard drive and the computer busies itself by writing the data to remaining good sectors. Eventually, a sector will go bad that contains a critical part of the OS and that will be all she wrote.

Nestone50, Apr 30, 2014
  5. wastingtime

007johnsmith

May be there is a problem with your RAM or may be with Hard disk. Sometime it's happens because of operating system error. Check hard disk is plunged properly or not and try to install windows again. Check is everything is going fine, else you can take technical help by calling on the tall free no 1-800-11-6677 or 1-800-259-8071

007johnsmith, Jul 10, 2014
Ask a Question