Aspire 150Bb 120GB *new* Memory Type

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by DanielSan, Sep 5, 2008.

1. DanielSan

DanielSan

:idea: Noticed that many people ask about the memory DDR-2 type inside.

I have upgraded 6 of them now. They all contain the following memory module.

- The slot that is used for doing the upgrades of 512MB models is filled with a
    512MB PC5300S (667Mhz) DDR2 module. I replaced them with a 1Gb module of the same type. No problems.
    I also tested a 2Gb module. It will only take up 1,5 Gb still.
    I also tested a 1Gb module of pc4200s (533Mhz) and did not give problems either.

Beware that you can follow along the howto memory guide perfectly except with the harddisk models the last step
    (just before you flip the main board) is a bit 'easier'. You need to unscrew the holder bars of the LCD screen therefore you just uncouple the LCD connector and unscrew the 2 screws in each of the sides and it comes of easy. Then you can flip the board with no trouble at all.

Should you be wary of warranty and stuff. Just buy a little screwdriver set, follow the screens and you will be done in under 40 minutes. It really is just unscrew and screw, nothing anyone could not do. :D

DanielSan, Sep 5, 2008
  2. DanielSan

chowwuikeung

This is the exact info I was looking for. Thx.

I was thinking about trying out a 2GB sodimm tomorrow.

chowwuikeung, Sep 12, 2008
Ask a Question