Arg. XP Audio driving me nuts.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by poppaearl, Feb 17, 2009.

1. poppaearl

poppaearl

I've looked through the forums and tried the different approaches to get the sp3 audio working and I am still stuck with stuttering, echo-ey audio. Once I installed the HD audio I at least got audio but now I still have the unknown pci in my device driver. I really don't want to reformat and reinstall, and I remember my Asus EEE had the same tiresome xp audio problem and I can't remember the exact order needed to get everything going. Is there an order for uninstalling or reinstalling?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

poppaearl, Feb 17, 2009
  2. poppaearl

rogerd1955

Though I have never seen the problem you describe on the AAO, I have had a very similar problem on my HP laptop ( stuttering audio ). I know it sounds crazy but I stumbled upon an obscure post somewhere that referenced this problem and the remedy was to remove the IDE controller from the device manager list. On subsequent reboots the IDE controller would be detected again and installed, and it corrected my stuttering audio. Good luck

rogerd1955
    http://acerao.blogspot.com/

rogerd1955, Feb 17, 2009
  3. poppaearl

ronime

Have you installed the Intel Chipset drivers? This should be the first driver that you install on the AA1 after a clean XP installation, then the Intel VGA (GMA) drivers then the Realtek HD Audio drivers.

ronime, Feb 17, 2009
  4. poppaearl

poppaearl

I have tried removing the ide channel and I do have the chipset. I can't get my drive out of pio mode so I think that may still be an issue.

poppaearl, Feb 17, 2009
  5. poppaearl

ronime

Sounds like the Chipset drivers have not installed properly. Try uninstalling the RealTek Audio drivers and the Intel Chipset drivers and then reinstall.

ronime, Feb 17, 2009
Ask a Question