App?

Discussion in 'Feedback / Suggestions' started by MrDale93, Apr 26, 2019.

1. MrDale93

MrDale93

This forum is awesome. I don't really use forums much but this one I like. Theres always something to read or answer. My laptop is old, I cant imagine it will last many more years and with money been as tight as it is, should it die tomorrow I wont be able to go out and buy another for a while, but I'll still be on here reading and writing.

What are the chances this forum could get an app? I know this is a laptop forum, but a phone app would be good. If we're away from our laptops or we just primarily use our phones for internet, surely this wouldnt be a bad idea? It could even pull in more new people, as there are whole tabs for new apps, most downloaded, and frequently updated - on android at least, I dont know about Apple. I've no problem with using the web to access this site, but I do think an app would be awesome.

MrDale93, Apr 26, 2019
  2. MrDale93

something back

Just a few DIY ideas

You can make your own QR code that links to the forum or any other sites you like.

http://www.snapfiles.com/screenshots/freeqr.htm

The other idea is if you have a smart phone with NFC is to create a NFC sticker
    you can then just pass your phone over the NFC chip for easy access again to any site.

You can see these type apps from the play store,some app names,
    trigger, NFC tools pro, NFC tasks.

something back, Apr 27, 2019
  3. MrDale93

MrDale93

I never considered these options, and my smartphone does indeed have NFC, although I haven't even looked into what it does. If that is able to do these things I'll have a look into it and see what it comes up with, thanks.

MrDale93, Apr 27, 2019
  4. MrDale93

something back

something back, Apr 27, 2019
  5. MrDale93

MrDale93

That is awesome it can do that! I'll definitely take a look into this, by the sounds of things it could have a few benefits to using

MrDale93, Apr 27, 2019
  6. MrDale93

Ian Administrator

Until the forum software developers add an official mobile app, there isn't much I can do unfortunately. It's such a huge job to code an app, that it isn't worth doing unless it's done by the people who make the forum software. The site should work well on mobile devices though - I just bookmark the site to the homescreen on my phone and it works well for me :).

Ian, Apr 29, 2019
  7. MrDale93

MrDale93

I see, I know nothing of app building, and I never took into account how big if a job it might be to make an app. The site works perfect on my phone, Galaxy S8+ and it worked just as well on my old S7 too, I have no idea about how older phones work with the site. I have the site bookmarked, it makes it easier to access Haha

MrDale93, Apr 29, 2019
  8. MrDale93

aradralami

About the video the WiFi for guests tag is a sweet idea.. also the hotspot is a good one too
    I have a question does everyone need the macro app to make these NFC tags work?

aradralami, Dec 8, 2019
  9. MrDale93

something back

No just download a NFC tag creation software from the google app store of apple store

something back, Dec 12, 2019
Ask a Question