AOD255E Black Screen fix???

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by nozmoking, Apr 16, 2013.

1. nozmoking

nozmoking

I picked up an Acer Aspire One D255E netbook for a few bucks but the problem is it has a permanent black screen. The VGA output works fine as does the rest of the machine. There are many tutorials on the internet that show downloading a BIOS update, renaming the DOS flash data file and invoking a cold-boot BIOS flash from a USB flash drive using the renamed data file. None of these instructions however pertain to the AOD255E which actually has the latest BIOS update split into 2 files and in no way resembles a process that would work for the AOD255E. Does ANYONE have a similar procedure that might work for my model of netbook or should I just bite the bullet and buy an LCD panel and inverter board and take my chances? I find it very odd that there is no information about a similar fix for this Acer model number.or is it a state secret???

Thanks very much to anyone with the right info.

nozmoking, Apr 16, 2013
  2. nozmoking

goldie

Have you tried function key and f7?

goldie, Sep 30, 2013
Ask a Question