AOD255E-1482 Ram Upgrade? Help please?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Foxtropics, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

Hi, I have an older model AAO netbook that I am trying to upgrade the ram from 1gb to 2gb.

The exact model is this one: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215068

I have tried 4 different 2gb ram sticks from various other laptops. When I power it on with the 2gb ram stick, the power light comes on, the fan spins up for a second, then nothing. The screen stays off and nothing ever happens. I remember reading ages ago that these were very picky with ram upgrades so I hesitated to upgrade it while it was under warranty. It's long out of warranty now and I want it as a travel computer. However upgrading the ram is leading to be a huge headache.

Can anyone offer some assistance for me with specific ram sticks that are known to work in this model? It has the N570 processor, the stock ram stick is 1gb DDR3. I have tried DDR3L as well other normal DDR3 SO-DIMM memory. At PC8500 and PC10600 speeds with no success. I see various ram sticks for sale on Amazon and eBay that claim to work with this model, but with as picky as this seems to be, I don't want to risk buying multiple sticks of ram and have them not work.

If someone knows what I'm doing wrong, or why the ram upgrade is so picky I would appreciate the help. Also I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version on Acer's website in hopes that would help, but it didn't seem to make it any more compatible with any of the ram I have tried thus far.

Foxtropics, Mar 17, 2017
  2. Foxtropics

something back

something back, Mar 17, 2017
Ask a Question