AOD150 Blank Screen, Will not flash Bios

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by roccostan, Mar 12, 2010.

1. roccostan

roccostan

I have the Acer Aspire One AOD150. The screen suddenly went blank, I have used a flash USB stick in an attempt to flash the BIOS, but nothing happens.
    When pressing power button on, it attempts to start but then dies, but the HD is still running as I can hear it.

When i attempt to flash by holding the FN & ESC keys and inserting AC and then pressing power button, the fan runs constantly but nothing happens. It could be running for an hour but still nothing.

I need help with which BIOS files are the correct ones to download, i guess its the latest version from the Acer website and also what to rename the file to

Many Thanks is advance

roccostan, Mar 12, 2010
  2. roccostan

hartleyshc

From the D150 Service Manual:
    Code:
    Steps for BIOS Recovery from USB Storage:
    Before doing this, prepare the Crisis USB key. The Crisis USB key could be made by executing the Crisis Disk 
    program in another system with Windows XP OS.
    Follow the steps below:
    1. Save ROM file (file name: JAL90x64.fd) to the root directory of USB storage.
    2. Plug USB storage into USB port.
    3. Press Fn + ESC button then plug in AC.
    The Power button flashes once.
    4. Press Power button to initiate system CRISIS mode.
    When CRISIS is complete, the system auto restarts with a workable BIOS. 
    5. Update the latest version BIOS for this machine by regular BIOS flashing process.
    search the internet for the panasonic sd formatter, that can do a clean format on your usb key instead of the crisis disk software. also iirc you need to be holding down Fn+Esc when you hook up the AC adapter, youll see the power button flash for a second, thats how you enter bios recovery mode.

hartleyshc, Mar 13, 2010
Ask a Question