AO725 mSATA

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by reukiodo, Oct 18, 2013.

1. reukiodo

reukiodo

It seems that many others have tried an mSATA in various Intel-based Aspire One netbooks, but I can't find any information about mSATA in a AO725.

I am using the SATA port for a 1TB Western Digital hard drive, for portable storage. I've already maxed the RAM at 8GB (a single Crucial DDR3 1600 stick) and getting a mPCIe connector installed on the empty motherboard space.

I realize from the maintenance manual that the 2nd mPCIe connector should be wired to both the PCIe bus of the Ontario FT1 C60 as well as the USB 2 bus of the Hudson-M3L A68M, but the diagram make it seem that the SATA is not wired.
    http://www.manualslib.com/manual/399342/Acer-Ao725.html (page 1-23)

Is there a way to determine if this mPCIe slot can support mSATA without purchasing an mSATA to test?

Attached Files:

reukiodo, Oct 18, 2013
  2. reukiodo

reukiodo

On another note, it seems that Super Talent did at some point make native mPCIe version of their SSDs, called CoreStore MV, which should allow use in a normal mPCIe slot. It seems that the largest size they offered was only 128GB, and I haven't been able to find the 128GB version for purchase online though.

reukiodo, Oct 20, 2013
  3. reukiodo

Nestone50

Nestone50, Oct 21, 2013
  4. reukiodo

oscar V

hi, im new here on this forum,, but i have the same pc as u do/did. was it possible to use the space for the msata card? if not,, what u think of removing the wifi card and use that as a port for the msata card? a mini version should fit there easely? hope u can share your finds and knowledge:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
    oscar V, Jan 24, 2017
Ask a Question