AO522-BZ897 right speaker - can I order one?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by casemods, Mar 31, 2011.

1. casemods

casemods

Didn't see anything about adding the right speaker.

For those of you that don't own this model: this netbook only comes with the left speaker.

Clearly you can see there is a place for the right one, it simply was not added. (Why? Thinking about it infuriates me)

As you can see, it's simply *not there*. Apparently, these speakers cost a bit of money? Dunno why they didn't add both.

Anyways, wondering how to order the second one to install it and have stereo.

Any ideas? I would be willing to use any speaker that would fit in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

casemods, Mar 31, 2011
  2. casemods

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

I would try and get one off of eBay from someone who is breaking theirs.

Then just remove the pins from the connector you get with it and insert them in the connector you have on you laptop.

That should get you stereo as the MB is marked for a second speaker.

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Mar 31, 2011
  3. casemods

simonster

I installed dual speakers on my AO522. I ordered a pair (used) from eBay, "Acer Aspire One 532H Speakers PK23000D100" The 532h was, I guess similar but it had two speakers. I unplugged the old single and plugged in the new dual with their harness, they just plugged right into the same connector. There was a space set aside for them too, over on the right side of the housing. I am thinking it was pretty much the same housing as the 532h.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... TM:US:1123

There were two small issues;

The screw hole on the right side of the case is not threaded, I just taped it in.

The volume control is "funny." The keyboard volume only changes the volume of one speaker, the other stays the same. To adjust them at the same time, I seem to need to use the volume control in the application I am using, like the slider in media player. So... I leave the keyboard volume on max and adjust in the application.

I like it better with two speakers, it was just not loud enough with one.

simonster, Jan 14, 2012
  4. casemods

coctailrob

I did this too, replaced the mono speaker with stereo speakers from an acer one 532, I was able to sort out the volume/balance issue by uninstalling the sound drivers and letting windows install the default high definition audio drivers. The keyboard hotkey still controls the volume, however I have not tested to see if the audio switches automatically to hdmi output if a hdmi cable is connected. Note in order to replace the speakers you have to completely stip out the motherboard as the cable routes underneath this.

coctailrob, Apr 5, 2012
Ask a Question