AO 532h touchpad-scroll issues

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pr0xZen, Mar 9, 2010.

1. pr0xZen

pr0xZen

(Win7starter) The scroll-part/line, situated to the right of the main touchpad section - seem as non-functional as rubbing the monitor lid. Screen rotation doesn't work either. I've went through the settings, but unless I'm totally dumb, I can't find anything useful. Anyone experienced similar issues, and if so - solutions oand suggestions?

Touchpad is branded as Alps.

pr0xZen, Mar 9, 2010
  2. pr0xZen

hartleyshc

hartleyshc, Mar 13, 2010
  3. pr0xZen

ivokov

Re: AO 532h touchpad-scroll / screen rotation issues

Hi, I can half confirm. I don't experience touch pad troubles, but I cann't rotate screen. Intel GMA 3150 doesn't offer this option. I was able to compare and see that Lenovo Ideapad s10-3 that should be same hw platform is working fine, so Intel's GMA 3150 should support this feature.

Reset to factory default setting (complete reinstallation) did not help at all.

I am running AO 532h-2Dr + Win7 starter.

ivokov, Mar 23, 2010
  4. pr0xZen

pjunk1

pr0xZen, i too have found my dedicated scroll bar (next to the main touch pad) ineffective on my AO532h-2964. i've tried both drivers and the issue persists. i initially thought is was a hardware issue but, now, i'm thinking it's a driver issue. maybe they need to update it. i was at Staples the other day and they had an AO532h-???? and the floor model's dedicated scroll bar worked very nicely. i checked the driver and it was the one that came with the unit (not the latest driver Acer has posted on their site).

at this point i'm fine with it since i can still scroll using the main touch pad area. oh well. not big enough deal to send the unit back to Acer. if something else comes up and i need to send the unit in, i'll have them fix it...if possible.

good luck!

pjunk1, Mar 23, 2010
  5. pr0xZen

ses

I too have not been able to get mine to work.
    Tried ALPS driver fron previous thread - with no success.
    Tried Acer Support - with no success.
    Went to Costco, where i purchased it from, with netbook in hand to compare & see what to expect, floor model worked. Compared drivers.
    Downladed latest driver from Acer - should be "TouchPad: Synaptics Touchpad Driver 14.0.12.0 29.3 MB".
    This now works great!
    Love this netbook!
    Hope this helps.

ses, Mar 29, 2010
Ask a Question