Anyone managed to Slipstream AAO drivers into nLite ?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by julyderek, Oct 8, 2008.

1. julyderek

julyderek

Hi,

I will be buying the AAO with Linux (1 GB RAM & 120 HDD), and I will be installing XP Professional by nLiting the XP installation and slipstreaming SP 3 into it. I would also like to slipstream the AAO drivers into the nLite installation. Has anyone managed to successfully do that ? If yes, they could they list the drivers they slipstreamed into nLite ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    JD

julyderek, Oct 8, 2008
  2. julyderek

Midori

Emmm you should ask Ron[NL] i believe he would know this anwser you should PM him

Midori, Oct 8, 2008
  3. julyderek

goofball

Done. Slipstreamed all the drivers from acer's ftp download site.

goofball, Oct 8, 2008
  4. julyderek

nmesisca

same here.
    A word of advice:

Get the Audio Realtek driver from the Acer website and NOT from the Realtek website, and DO NOT slipstream it. I did slipstream it initially, but the mic was dead. I have tried everything and every driver newer than the one on Acer (5628) with no success. I then uninstalled it and ran the Setup.exe from the Acer package and now works fine.

If you want to be on the safe side, download the drivers from Acer, otherwise you can get video from intel etc..

Hope this helps you,
    N

nmesisca, Oct 8, 2008
  5. julyderek

mattroeske

so in nlite do you 'insert - single driver' or 'insert - multiple driver'? In single driver i go through the files i dowloaded from this site and each one has lots of .inf files. Or do i use 'multiple driver' and load the directory that contains all the .inf files?

Also do you recommend loading every driver other than the audio ones?

mattroeske, Nov 29, 2008
  6. julyderek

nmesisca

yes, you can use the single inf or multiple inf button.
    If there is more then 1 inf file then use the multiple one. Just make sure you select the ones for x86 and not for x64 if given the chance.
    I recommend you slipstream all the drivers excelt for the audio one. So far I have not had any issues at all.

nmesisca, Nov 30, 2008
Ask a Question