Anyone else has trouble typing stuff in the One?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by joe.pelayo, Oct 26, 2008.

1. joe.pelayo

joe.pelayo

Hello there.

After two weeks using my Aspire One I noticed a rare and somewhat annoying behavior related to the keyboard.

Suppose I am typing something (it could be a letter in One mail, or a post in this forums with Firefox) then after a while the cursor gets misplaced and I end up adding text to the wrong place (field), as if I pressed one of the 'movement' keys (Pg Up, Pg Dn).

At first I thought it could have been my bad (I am a poor typewriter) and. that I had pressed something accidentally. But the more it happens the more convinced I am that it is not (granted, always) me, that it is like if the cursor just jumped on its own.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Or is it just me? (perhaps they are my poor typewriting skills after all).

Thanks.
    Joe.

P.S. I am still running Linpus Linux in my One.

joe.pelayo, Oct 26, 2008
  2. joe.pelayo

loopyoyo

are you sure that your not hittin the touchpad with your thumb...thing is pretty sensitive

loopyoyo, Oct 26, 2008
  3. joe.pelayo

joe.pelayo

Well, I got a nice USB mouse,...but will check more closely the next time.

joe.pelayo, Oct 26, 2008
  4. joe.pelayo

the100thmonkey

I agree - it's very easy to hit the touchpad with your thumb when typing - particularly as the spacebar is so close to the touchpad.

There's a workaround here that gives you an entry to put in the startup programs for Syndaemon, which locks the touchpad for a period of time after hitting a key on the keyboard. Note, that this is for Ubuntu - I don't know if Syndaemon is a process used by Linpus Lite. Perhaps a user running Linpus can (dis)confirm?

the100thmonkey, Oct 26, 2008
  5. joe.pelayo

jinx022

Try disabling the touchpad and use a USB mouse instead. Fn + F7 toggles the touchpad on and off.

jinx022, Oct 26, 2008
  6. joe.pelayo

joe.pelayo

Very well, the touchpad is disabled right now. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks.
    Joe.

joe.pelayo, Oct 27, 2008
  7. joe.pelayo

Harani

Ask a Question