Any Chances Of Changes With Acer Aspire One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dosign, Oct 26, 2008.

1. dosign

dosign

Hi Everybody!

I have an Aspire One and would need (just like many of you) some changes in BIOS so i would

have a more versatile mini-pc for my needs. What i would really, really need are for example:

- SD slot to be recognized in the boot order so i could boot easily into Linux etc. when convenient

(wouldn´t that be really convenient to make your personal gadget to play with you?)

- 512MB (on board) memory to be dedicated for GPU so i could use a 2 GB stick for maximum usage
    .. If that´s simply not possible because of the chipset then it would be nice to just simply disable it

(in this way it could be possible also to use a lot faster main memory too?)

- The original 10-step brightness adjustment for LCD in the latest BIOSes for maximum batterylife

(the flickering is not really a big problem for me in exchange)

- To be able to use mini-PCI slot for absolutely anything that my mind could ever desire to use it for

(i know there are some limitations on the board for this but..)

.. In other words: I would really need to use my personal gadget the way that i want to use it for me.

So is there anyone else out there who feels the same way as i do about their very own personal gadget? I love it! :p

If there are many of you who would like to get more out of their Aspire One, to get it´s full potential into their hands
    then let´s do something about that, shall we? Because the way i understand it´s impossible for me alone to work it out.

What do you suggest for all of this and even more to happen also in the reality and in the near future too? :shock:

dosign, Oct 26, 2008
  2. dosign

goofball

I'd like for there to be an option to switch to AHCI mode from IDE mode.
    To disable onboard devices in the event I don't use them to save power.
    Built-in overclocking like the MSI has now.

goofball, Oct 26, 2008
Ask a Question