Any 3rd party memory upgrade services available?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by rwitmer, Feb 18, 2009.

1. rwitmer

rwitmer

Has anyone heard of anybody providing memory upgrade service? Send them your laptop, you pay them, they upgrade the memory, they send it back with a warranty on their work? I know the memory is cheap but the ability level to crack open the Acer Aspire One and add the memory is beyond many users ability. If somebody provided a service to do this I think there is a market for it.

For those who have upgraded from 1 Gb to 1.5 Gb was there a noticeable increase in performance under XP?

rwitmer, Feb 18, 2009
  2. rwitmer

melhiore

Yes. AA1 boots faster, works faster. Overall performance is better. Everything depends on usage obviously but for me difference is rather massive...

melhiore, Feb 18, 2009
  3. rwitmer

GvidoR

I suppose that computer repair services like the one I work in would do that.
    If you're running intensive applications or a lot of small applications it's better to have the extra 512MB RAM! Sooner or later you'll probably move to Windows 7 which eats up ~500MB RAM while no applications are opened (No Tweaks, Full Install).

GvidoR, Feb 18, 2009
Ask a Question