Another cause to corrupt bios: forced shutdown or osx

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ralfaro, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ralfaro

ralfaro

Hi,

This is my first post. I just finished recovering my dead Aspire One 150 following macles instructions from another website.
    I wanted to warn about another situation that ends in corrupt bioses: forced shutdown.
    I was trying to install osx86 in an external HD and for 3rd time it appeared to get stuck during install. So it was the third time pressed the power button until turned off.
    The last time the screen was black on boot, with no other life signals apart from the fan and power led.
    Very happy that it came back :D
    [edited subject]

ralfaro, Aug 27, 2008
  2. ralfaro

ralfaro

Re: Another cause to corrupt bios: forced shutdown

Well, not so sure it was the forced poweroff, now that I've read mylostsphincer post (http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=903&start=110#p14448) in the "Dead aspire one" thread.
    He was also installing osx, so it could be that as well.
    So no quad boot for me now, one bios reflash is enough hehe.

[update]
    I finally installed OSX in my One.
    The problem was that I was not giving the install process of OSX enough time to complete. In some stage the progressbar stalled for some minutes. This time I didn't touch anything and it finished everything correctly.

Also, I haven't got any more bios problems.

ralfaro, Aug 27, 2008
Ask a Question