Android Users it's time to consider adding an anti-virus program.

Discussion in 'Android' started by something back, Feb 19, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Feb 19, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. something back

IBMPC8088

And so it begins.

The APK hacks have been around for a while, as have rogue dalvik programs. They're going to take it all to new levels and turn all the potential that mobile devices had into spyware-hacked junk and ruin it all, even for the general masses, as they always do.

To be able to keep up with the slowdown that will be forced upon the people who buy and use mobile devices, they'll be forced to buy new devices concurrently with each new phone release or virus correction that should never have been there. If they go about it how they have with Windows and OS X, they'll claim that they can't support or fix it without people being conned into buying the next new hardware device they want to sell, and people will be locked into the hardware circle jerk that Microsoft had them on in software.

The majority of people won't have much choice either, since unlike Microsoft stuff that runs on a machine which can easily be changed to linux, the hardware for mobile devices is a little more involved to upgrade or change out the firmware on them than a basic OS reinstall for a PC.

They know that, and they're going to milk it for all it's worth. The public will buy it, get stuck in the cycle, and suffer for it. The technology will turn into junk even more.

By then, the forced use of antivirus won't be updates anymore. It will be extortion only slightly less intrusive than the malware they are supposed to be getting rid of.

This is why I don't give mobile devices any personal information that cannot be public or that useful, and you shouldn't either to stay safe from this as much as you can.

IBMPC8088, Feb 20, 2016
  3. something back

Sefie

I am glad I don't use mobile banking, using it in my laptop seems daring enough to me, using the mobile version sounds even worse. I'd only do that if I had no other choice. Thanks for letting us know! This reinforces my belief that storing too much info in your mobile is a very bad idea.

Sefie, Feb 20, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. something back

vinaya

I use mobile banking, however, I also have anti virus program. Am I under risk?

vinaya, Feb 20, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. something back

Tara

I installed an anti-virus program when I first got my Android phone. It slowed down my phone. It was practically unusable. I don't use mobile banking. It's convenient, but I don't feel it's secure. I do most of my banking in the bank. I do check my bank balance on my laptop at home on my secure internet connection service.

Tara, Feb 21, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  6. something back

IBMPC8088

Yes, it slows it down a lot to where it's always half or less on speed, or cannot even be used. They know that this will be the case, and that many users will uninstall the antivirus after they find that it makes their phone or tablet unusable. Then, the manufacturers will hire someone to release a very bad virus that transfers to phones easily, making it to where people are made to have protection.

When they remember or see that their phones cannot run the antivirus programs they need (since the need is created by the manufacturers), then they will have no choice but to get rid of their old phone and buy a new phone, which all the manufacturers will profit from.

You will also see the banks pushing for people to use their mobile banking from their phone while saying 'Oh! It is safe! Use it!'. It is not safe, and it just makes it easier for them. Many of these banks (not all, but some of the smaller ones) are paid by interest groups and manufacturers alike to be 'on board' with this cherade against the public. The same way that HP is paid over half a billion dollars to say they 'recommend' Windows (current version) on their web site and pages, the banks are paid to recommend mobile banking and say it is safe when it is not.

There are hackers who exploit this which is true, but the real exploitation is being done by the manufacturers of the phones to the public.

IBMPC8088, Feb 21, 2016
    Tara and something back like this.
  7. something back

something back

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR REPLY,IT'S SPOT ON.

something back, Feb 21, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  8. something back

IBMPC8088

Thank you @something back :) I hope that it will help people and keep people safe to know what is going on. Some days I feel that if the corporations and the ones doing this had their way, they would keep everyone in the dark and let this happen to them. I hope that day doesn't come though. They're surely trying to make it be..

IBMPC8088, Feb 23, 2016
  9. something back

Corzhens

Gee, that's a nasty virus. In the news a while ago is the issue of the ATM card where an anonymous withdrawal had taken all the balance of his bank account. Skimming was suspected - this is getting information of the ATM and creating a blank ATM card with that credentials thereby posing like the genuine ATM card. But with this virus that can steal banking credentials, we still don't know the agenda of those criminals. Admittedly, my phone has no anti-virus yet.

Corzhens, Feb 23, 2016
  10. something back

IcyBC

I am too, don't trust mobile banking! I figure I won't die if I wait until I can get home to check in my bank online. I hate having to do it this way, but utility providers cut out paper billings and I have no choice but to pay them through my bank online.

IcyBC, Feb 23, 2016
  11. something back

Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe, Feb 26, 2016
  12. something back

something back

In the uk we can still instruct the bank to pay bills at appointed times
    it's called “direct debit”. Without the need to have a online bank account.

something back, Feb 26, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  13. something back

Charles Franklin

I will agree with you on the mobile banking (even though my bank keeps pushing it!) I never felt comfortable accessing my bank information through an app or any other way besides going to the website. Cell phones can be lost too easily.

Charles Franklin, Mar 1, 2016
Ask a Question