AMD or Nvidia?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by roydominic33, Sep 11, 2015.

?

AMD or Nvidia?

1. AMD

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Nvidia

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. roydominic33

roydominic33

So the two brands are the most bitter rivals in the gaming world. Last time I checked, Nvidia has their flagship, the GeForce TitanX versus AMD R9 295 x2. The former is more expensive, yet still has not made a decisive advantage over it's opponent. I want to choose between the two, since I want to transition from gaming in my laptop into creating my own rig? Money is no matter, since I work hard to get my wants. I'd like to hear your thoughts, especially the ones who have tried both the two brands and also the pros and cons of each brand.

roydominic33, Sep 11, 2015
  2. roydominic33

Lun

Both have their pros and cons and the competition is still as fierce as ever. I really don't like choosing between brands and sticking to one like fanboys do, I only choose the ones that do a better job considering my needs and expectations. AMD cards are known for their affordability for power. Their medium-range cards are very affordable and very suitable for casual 30 FPS gamers or those who are looking for a cheap console alternative. But Nvidia wins the race of speed and power with their Titan X. Even the Fury X doesn't match up to it at this time in gaming performance. However because the Fury X uses HBM (High bandwidth memory), it uses much less power and has a much smaller size than you'd expect from a card with its capabilities. Some people predict that AMD will lead the future of gaming with this technology. I kind of agree, but we'll see.

If money (and power consumption) isn't an issue though, the Titan X is a no-brainer. It has 12GB of VRAM and the capability of playing games at 4K at decent framerates. If you can get two in SLI you'll get the ultimate 4K gaming machine (assuming you have a powerful processor to back that up too).

Lun, Sep 12, 2015
Ask a Question