Air Travel With Acer One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by LTCSZ, Jun 10, 2009.

1. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

This might be a really numb question, but here goes; Is there any concern in putting the Acer One through the security scanners at airports? I have never really traveled by air with a computer...How about memory cards and thumbdrives? Thanks,

LTCSZ, Jun 10, 2009
  2. LTCSZ

360texas

I have not had any issues with notebooks or memory cards. We fly DFW to Cancun Mexico and back each year with our digital camera gear and notebooks. Everything on the hard drives and memory compact flash cards is still there and working at the end of each flight. One task we have learned to do is bring along copies of our equipment sales receipts to prove we purchased them in the US. Helps with going through Customs.

Tripods and other gear gets checked in as baggage. Cameras, notebooks, memory go as carry on baggage ! We strickly use our Acer Aspire One 8.9 as a GPS notebook.

Dave still at 360Texas.com
    http://360texas.com

360texas, Jun 10, 2009
  3. LTCSZ

Rich in ILM

More trips with all of the above than I want to remember and never a problem.

Rich in ILM, Jun 10, 2009
  4. LTCSZ

donec

there have been reported problems with customs personnel not recognizing the scanned image of an SSD netbook as a computer since it doesn't show a hard drive but that was a while back and really should have been corrected by now.

donec, Jun 11, 2009
Ask a Question