Adding a second HDD to Lenovo E585

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by RGAlix, Dec 20, 2018.

1. RGAlix

RGAlix

Hi everyone !

I just received my Lenovo E585 with a 256GB SSD, and I would like to add another HDD. I thought there would be two HDD slots (one for the SSD and one empty), but it seems that they have to be mounted on top of each other. I don't know how I should go about this. Does anyone know how I can add another HDD ?

Thanks !

RGAlix, Dec 20, 2018
  2. RGAlix

ajaymehra

the hard drive spot is filled with a placeholder dummy drive (SATA connectors and all), and the cables are there and connected, so disconnect the dummy and get your HDD in there, reconnect the cable and close up.

ajaymehra, Jan 6, 2019
  3. RGAlix

RGAlix

Thanks a lot ! I was able to replace the dummy drive with my drive and connected the SATA cable, but it doesn't show up, neither in my OS, nor in partition managing apps, or in the BIOS. Am I missing something ? Is there an alimentation cable to plug in somewhere ? I don't know if the other end of the SATA cable is properly plugged in...

Here is a photo of my laptop (with the dummy drive) : https://imgur.com/a/tGGvrW3

RGAlix, Jan 10, 2019
Ask a Question