Add/Remove software feature (problem!!!)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nngomes, Jul 30, 2008.

1. nngomes

nngomes

Hi!

Im having a problem with the Add/Remove software feature (the one available after the advanced desktop hack).

Some things, like the game "Wormux" (a worms linux clone) when i select them and then make apply, it show´s on the details box that it will remove A LOT of things!!!

I advanced with the installation, thinking that all i needed was installing the O.S. again so, no problem.

Well... after the installation (who went fine), i had NO desktop AT ALL!!! Just the search bar on the top-right...

So, im new to linux, and im asking: what have i done wrong? Is there a secret about the repositorie that i don´t know?

Thanks in advance. Would really like to get an answer, since i CAN´T install anything with this feature...

nngomes, Jul 30, 2008
  2. nngomes

ptechno

Well, i have restored the linpus, and theres the desktop. You may have installed badly, or something as it isnt normal. Try to run "xfdesktop2" and see what you get.

ptechno, Jul 31, 2008
Ask a Question