Acer Switch 10

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by yonubear, Jul 12, 2017.

1. yonubear

yonubear

I am hoping someone here can help me out I have a acer switch 10 model N15P2 and want to add in the hdd to the dock keyboard however i have been unable to find the dock with hdd or the controller board to swap into min dock. So i am considering simply detatching the fullsize usb port in the dock and adding a hub then add the port back from the hub and mounting a flash drive in the dock but I wanted to see how feasible the modding crowd here thought that would be and advise would be great.
    Thanks,
    yonubear

yonubear, Jul 12, 2017
  2. yonubear

something back

something back, Jul 13, 2017
  3. yonubear

yonubear

thank you very much for the suggestions but these will not be of any help to me as i am workign with a switch 10 s1002 that doesn't have optical drives

yonubear, Jul 13, 2017
  4. yonubear

something back

I cannot see a problem with you using a usb hub similar to the example below
    then using a 2.5″ 3.5″ Dual Hard Drive HDD Docking Station.

The docking station is supplied with a power supply

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Spee...184441&hash=item5d3d0304dc:g:qoAAAOSwHQ9WWzZZ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-3-5-D...577518?hash=item2a8119ca6e:g:-3MAAOSwrhBZBwV1

something back, Jul 13, 2017
  5. yonubear

yonubear

no there isn';t a problem however what i am planing to do is modify the internals so that everything is in the keyboard rather than external i was just hoping someone had done this previously so i could hear any thouoghts i may not have thought about ahead of time

yonubear, Jul 13, 2017
  6. yonubear

Kojack

WIth the switch 10, there were two keyboards available, one with HD and one without correct? If I remember correctly they both were different builds. So you cannot "add" the HD to your keyboard. You would have to purchase the keyboard with it already in there.

Kojack, Oct 29, 2017
Ask a Question