Acer Repair Turn Around Time

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by oldsouth, Sep 18, 2008.

1. oldsouth

oldsouth

Well, I am one of the unfortunate ones who has a bricked AAO-150 which I bought on 8/28. On the second day of my ownership it started acting up,(i.e. would not turn on when I pressed the power button) I took it back to Best Buy and the Geek Squad looked at it but they did not want to touch it and said it should be exchanged, the problem all Best Buy stores are out of stock. So I decided to hold on to it and try the "fix" for the bios issue, no luck didn't work. So I called Acer and sent it to their repair center in Temple TX. They received it one week ago, and today 9/17 they are telling me that it needs a new motherboard, the problem is it is back ordered and not expected until October 15th!!! I immediately asked for a replacement which I was told they have no units to replace it with. They must have big problems with this unit if they have no parts and no replacements available. I am really pissed off about this and Acer's CSR's can only say "we're sorry"... I want a ram upgrade or a HD upgrade for all of these problems, but they say we are not authorized to do this. I wish I could get my money back I would by the Dell netbook.

oldsouth, Sep 18, 2008
  2. oldsouth

judeh101

did you rename bios file name and put all files in the flash drive?
    some flash drives don't cope well with aaos.
    basically, try it with another flash drive.

judeh101, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question