ACER ONE TUrn's ON for 1 Second then Off

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by archer2009, Jun 11, 2009.

1. archer2009

archer2009

I just tried upgrading the RAM from 512MB to 1GB by adding a 512MB Nanya SODIMM From an old Mac Mini

Put it all back together and the machine when pressing the power button the green light comes on for about 1 or 2 seconds and then turns off - think the fan also comes on - screen never seems to come up

Any ideas??

Just about to try removing the ram and putting it all back together

archer2009, Jun 11, 2009
  2. archer2009

archer2009

OK I fixed it - this is why I asked for a video tha doesn't show you how to take the ACER ONE apart BUT also one that shows any potenital problem putting it back together again.

Basically the blue ribbon cable from the motheroard asn't seated fully.

there is a black stripe on the blue ribbon cable that I noticed the 2nd time that lines up with the edge of the circuit board - first time wasn't inserted deeply enough.

If anyone else has this problem hope this information helps.

Anyway after reinserting it all seems fine.

1GB of RAM and no intention to add more - PS I'd really like to slap the designer at ACER who's decision it was to NOT put a trap door in the bottom of the machine for RAM upgrades.

archer2009, Jun 11, 2009
Ask a Question