ACER ONE Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lonjames1, Sep 8, 2009.

1. lonjames1

lonjames1

Hi all,

Bought my wife Acer One a few months ago. She went to turn it on today, and she keeps getting Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) after splash screen. It stays up for only a split second. As much as i can see, it says Bad_Sys_Config, or something like that. Tried booting in safe mode, with last known good configuration and nothing. Get the same thing. Nothing new was installed on it as far as I now, unless kids got ahold of it. Any Ideas on what could be causing this, and how to fix it. It has Windows Vista on it. 1.6 processor, and 1.0 GB Ram. Not sure on harddrive size.

Thanks,

Lonnie

lonjames1, Sep 8, 2009
  2. lonjames1

garrisc

I have Windows XP and the same thing is happening. Acer Support said I need to reinstall the OS -- but I have some pictures and movies I cannot replace on the machine. Anyone have any ideas? When I try Safe Mode, all I get is a list of SYSTEM32 drivers, and then the cycle starts over again with the flash screen. The blue screen of death doesn't stay up long enough to read the error. I am desperate!

garrisc, Nov 24, 2009
  3. lonjames1

bubbalooo

You might try a MS forum I suspect you have a infection of some sort, and this can probably be dealt with. If you have only a gig of ram like the previous post then when and if you get it fixed bump the ram to the max amount. Also sense you own a XP license so you can get a cheap single install of W7 so if you do have to do a reinstall W7 is a much better OS. If you are a student you can get W7 for 29$ up to Jan 3 2010. Bump the ram to 2 gigs though for W7.

I realize none of this fixes your problems but I have noticed on this site due to the small amount of users help is sporadic if at all.

You might also consider calling MS it is their operating system, and you can get help from them.

bubbalooo, Nov 25, 2009
  4. lonjames1

garrisc

Thanks for the advice. I finally got the machine working today -- borrowed a windows disk from a friend and got into the recovery center. I ran chkdsk /r which fixed a few issues, and it is running again. I am backing up my pics and researching a good backup program. Downloaded Ubuntu netbook remix and looking into that also.

Thank you again!

garrisc, Dec 4, 2009
  5. lonjames1

strikeforce

I have same problem. On post screen on boot up hit ALT+F10. It will reinstall OS. All Files will be GONE.

strikeforce, Dec 24, 2010
Ask a Question