Acer One 532H-2588 Windows 7 recovery issues

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by lizard_13, Jun 4, 2012.

1. lizard_13

lizard_13

I bought a used Acer One 532H-2588 Laptop with Windows 7 starter. The OS was trashed so I made a recovery USB stick from an Acer one D257-1802.

Booted my laptop from the USB and everything appears to be ok until it installs the 32 Acer items it needs and it gets to 8 of 32 "Dritek launch manager" at which point it hangs indefinitely.
    Tried 5 or 6 times and it always does the same thing. I really need to get this up and running any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

lizard_13, Jun 4, 2012
  2. lizard_13

Swarvey Moderator

I'm not at all familiar with the recovery process, but I'm guessing if it gets to the point of actually "installing" software, it must have rebooted into Windows, albeit still running under the guise of recovery. So can you use the ctrl + shift + esc combo to bring up task manager and terminate the recovery process or the installation of software? If you can, you can always download and install the missing software from the Acer site m

Swarvey, Jun 6, 2012
Ask a Question