Acer One 100 With 3G Module - Advise on OS Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by flashyphotos, Apr 15, 2009.

1. flashyphotos

flashyphotos

Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of advice here.

Purchased a One 110 N270 from Tesco today for £199 (1GB Ram 16GB SDD XP Version) .

Was suprised ot find it had 3G Module fitted (I though this was an option and not a standard feature).

(I know Tesco is overpriced at £199 but I had a compensation voucher to use up so it actually cost me next to nothing.)

Anyway my question is would you recommend sticking with XP, or upgrading to Vista/Windows 7. If I upgrade will the 3G module still work with those operating systems, as I said I was not expecting it when I bought it but now I have it and am using it with my "3" UK SIm Card and £5 a month unlimited Data I cannot see myself living without it.

I would like Vista if it will work with 3G but not prepared ot lose that facility now just for Vista, any advice appreciated.

flashyphotos, Apr 15, 2009
  2. flashyphotos

melhiore

If there is 3G modem fitted you're lucky! This is very good price. Personally I would stay with WinXP - even if this system is no longer supported by M$ - yes, yes, Microsoft stopped supporting this product yesterday so we going to receive only security patches...

melhiore, Apr 15, 2009
  3. flashyphotos

flashyphotos

Cheers

It seems I struck lucky, as I said elsewhere I went with a friend to Tesco, we both purchased the 16Gb XP Machines for £199

Both were identical model numbers from the same store,

Mine had 2200mah battery 16Gb SSD and 3G Module His had 2600mah battery 8Gb SSD and 8Gb SD and No 3G Module.

He went back to Tesco and complained they just said thats the advertised spec.

So looks like I got lucky.

flashyphotos, Apr 15, 2009
Ask a Question