Acer Nitro 5 just switching off while playing a game help needed!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Georgialola, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Georgialola

Georgialola

Hi Everyone, thank you for looking at this post.

Essentially, when i play a game the laptop just shuts off in a blink of an eye. Someone said it might be overheating. So, i changed the paste and cleaned the fans. Still switches off. Then, someone told me to put my cpu at 65% and said if it switches off then it isnt your cpu. it switched off. If i am on the net, watching videos, in fact, some games work fine on low settings but i crank it up and the fans start whirring then it goes off. Someone said it may be my GPU but if i am honest i am a complete noob when it comes to in depth settings on a pc. Honestly, if anyone in the UK can help i would treat them to some COD points or Fortnight. Seriously this is really depressing for me. I need this laptop to keep my mental health above normal so if anyone can help then please i would appreciate it. My specs are INTEL I5 8300H 8GB RAM 64 BIT WINDOWS 10

Georgialola, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Georgialola

ADP IT Solutions

Hi Georgialola,

Firstly I know it is really annoying that this is happening to you when you are wanting to play games. Laptops have a built-in protection systems that will shut down the laptop if it detects anything that could go wrong.

When you are gaming, run the games at medium quality, I know this will be a horrible gaming experience but it will help laptop.

Also what other programs do you have running while on the internet or gaming?
    Are there any updates that are running in the background?
    What I can suggest is that if you organise antivirus updates and scans to run at a time when you are not using the laptop but the laptop will need to remain on.
    What I recommend is to buy a KLIMâ„¢ Wind - Laptop Cooling Pad - The Most Powerful Rapid Action Cooling Fan - Laptop Stand with 4 Cooling Fans at 1200 RPM - USB Fan - Compatible New 2020 Version - Blue
    Also at this will raise your laptop off the desk to an uncomfortable position you will need to buy a mechanical keyboard, mouse, and mouse mat.

Let me know your thoughts and if the above helps.
    ADP

ADP IT Solutions, Sep 21, 2020
Ask a Question