Acer H203 Monitor

Discussion in 'Acer' started by redrose1968, Jul 23, 2017.

1. redrose1968

redrose1968

I have an Acer H203H monitor. I just purchased an HP Envy laptop and am having trouble adding this monitor to this laptop. I got a VGA to HDMI adapter and this did not work. So I got a DVI to DVI adapter using my Toshiba Hub that I used with my previous Toshiba laptop. This did not work either. I don't know if the hub is the problem so I just ordered a DVI to HDMI adapter to try directly without using the hub at all. This may or may not work. Does anyone have any ideas here? The new laptop has two USB ports and an HDMI port. It does not have any VGA or DVI ports. My Toshiba Hub has a VGA, DVI, 6 USB ports plus headphone jacks etc. Is this just a matter of changing a setting somewhere or is the Acer monitor just not compatible with an HP laptop? Thanks for your help.

redrose1968, Jul 23, 2017
    Khouji likes this.
  2. redrose1968

Brian8gbSSDLinux

I have an Acer ES1-311 Laptop with only HDMI output too.

Are you connecting your Laptop to the Monitor and JUST expecting it to be recognised?
    I ask this serious question because to get my Acer to connect to a Monitor (for extending the Desktop to run two programs at once) I have to use a KEY Combination to TELL the Laptop to connect to the Monitor AS WELL AS to show its own Screen...

TRY pressing and holding the WINDOWS KEY then tap the [P] key...

A mini window should pop up asking
    'Connect as Duplicate'
    'Extend'
    'Computer Only'
    'Projector Only
    '

Click on your choice...

To go BACK -use Windows + [P] key combo again and select Computer Only...

Wording MAY vary as my Laptop is Acer, yours being HP...

Hope this is helpful

Brian

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jul 23, 2017
    Khouji likes this.
Ask a Question