Acer does not provide support for Linux aspire one.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Aspiration, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Aspiration

Aspiration

I have never been able to get any support from Acer. Acer ignores my questions and sends links that have nothing to do with any issues I report to them... in short... they are stupid. They send links for windows xp that has nothing to do with linux.
    Below is a copy of my last response to Acer who marked my problem as solved when it still has not been dealt with. Acer never has provided any support and they sure make it obvious that they have no intention of providing any support. This will be the last computer I buy from Acer.

If anyone knows how to answer my question... thanks. At least I stand a hell of a lot better chance getting support on here than I have ever received from Acer.

My response below was sent to Acer as a result of marking my question as solved when they haven't even tried to answer it:

You have still not replied to my question. Is it Acer's policy to provide no support?
    From the rediculously feeble attempts shown here, it is obvious that Acer hires idiots in order to deny support. I've never had any support from Acer since buying this computer and I never will make the same mistake again.
    Either you can answer the question or you can't. Stop sending crap email that doesn't answer my question. Go get off your ass, grab an aspire one with linux and tell me how to access the green characters by key combinations. Obviously if Acer put green characters on the keys there must be a way to use them... right?
    I am also not happy about the cheapy case that came with my laptop which does not fit it. Since Acer knows the 6 cell battery is larger than the 3 cell battery and it is so completely obvious that it would not fit. Is Acer too stupid to realize it wouldn't fit? Or just too lazy to provide one that fits?
    My questions have still not been answered...

Aspiration, Aug 12, 2009
  2. Aspiration

garrovick

I have blue keys on my Acer, they work with the FN key, which were detailed in my little hand book that came in the box. The same with my Toshiba laptop. The blue keys also work with the FN key and were explained in detail also.

And some buyers got a mouse instead of a case, and some buyers didn't get anything.

garrovick, Aug 13, 2009
  3. Aspiration

stewartbray

I have no coloured keys. I have no mouse. I have no booklet, only a CD which tells me about how hazardous it is to use a computer.
    Have I been robbed??

stewartbray, Aug 16, 2009
  4. Aspiration

garrovick

yes

garrovick, Aug 16, 2009
  5. Aspiration

RockDoctor

A bit OT, but I just bought a new desktop PC from HP and ran into a similar mode of idiocy regarding a problem regarding display resolution. I ended up resolving the problem myself.

RockDoctor, Aug 16, 2009
  6. Aspiration

fweigel

To use the "green" labels in Linux -- Make sure the French Canadian keyboard is enabled (or whatever the language is that the green legends are for). To do this, select "Settings" on the main screen, then "Keyboard Layout" and make sure that the keyboard layout is checked.

On the lower right of the screen, you should see a blue box, with "EN" (typically) in it. After selecting multiple languages in the "Keyboard Layout", you can click this box to change keyboard layouts. If using English/Canadian French, it would cycle "EN" and "CA". The "CA" would be the green legend keys (if its a Canadian model); replacing with the alternate keyboard layout (whatever it is) if its not.

As to the "flimsy" case... its a 1Kg device! I bought it for the portability.

fweigel, Aug 18, 2009
Ask a Question