Acer Aspire ZG5 SSD not reckonising expansion

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Ilgunas, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Ilgunas

Ilgunas

My neice was given an 8GB SSD Acer Aspire One ZG5 netbook. It was originally pre-intalled with Linpus Linux but did not work, always had a small cross in the middle of a black screen. I asked my friend to see what he could do. He loaded Windows 7 starter on it. This has now taken up nearly all of the hard drive. I inserted an 8GB SD card into the expansion slot on the left hand side, which is just meant to extend the SSD capacity. Unfortunately the netbook does not pick it up. I know the memory card is good because I used it on my other laptop. Can anybody advise me on how to get the SD card in to use? Also should I stick with Windows or go back to Linux? If reverting to Linux how do I go about this?

Thanks,
    Jamie

Ilgunas, Aug 3, 2012
  2. Ilgunas

Swarvey Moderator

On an 8gb SSD, you're probably better off using a more light weight os, perhaps windows xp if you can trim it down. If you can get a larger SSD your options will get better. Your best bet would be to get a hold of a factory restore image and restart the whole machine from scratch.

Swarvey, Aug 4, 2012
Ask a Question