Acer Aspire V7 481p screen replacement

Discussion in 'Acer' started by ASinha, Jun 23, 2014.

1. ASinha

ASinha

Hello,

I bought Acer Aspire V7 481p last year, but unfortunately the sceen broke down last month. I've get it checked by a local computer shop to see if any extra screen can be found. Can anyone please tell me where I can buy a non-touch version of the screen top+its LCD. If that is not possible, can anyone tell if where can I find its LCD alone? I can then use it with the cracked top. Though this may renderthe touch ability useless, but thats not a problem. I found couple of links on internet to buy LCD, but I can not decide which screen suits my needs.

My laptop details-

Model- Acer Aspire V7 481p 53338 g52 tii

I found the screen for V7 481p but "53338 g52 tii" part doesnt match. Will that be a problem? Please let me know.

Thank you

Edit: Can some other laptop screen be used in its place? Please let me know.

ASinha, Jun 23, 2014
  2. ASinha

Nestone50

3. ASinha

ASinha

Can you tell me if that is compatible with my model of laptop?

ASinha, Jun 27, 2014
  4. ASinha

Nestone50

Look at the eBay page I copied. Assuming you got the correct Acer model in your original post, it will work. You will need to do some disassembly to install. If you don't feel confident in doing it, I'd suggest you take the replacement screen to a shop that repairs laptops and let them do it. Here is a link to a You Tube video showing you how to replace the screen:

Nestone50, Jun 27, 2014
  5. ASinha

monasen

carefully locate the manufacturer’s label and note the model number.This important as Using this information you should be able to buy an exact match for your broken screen.purchase replacements parts onlne in ebay , amazon etc.

What you need :

Flat working area ( Table ) : You’ll need a spot to sit with a flat area to work on your laptop, Preferably a table. Find a clean and noise free space so that you can concentrate.

Small-head magnetic Philips screwdriver: Not small like a mini screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit, but I’d say between that size and a mid-sized screwdriver would work. If you don’t have a magnetic-head screwdriver, try to find a magnet big enough to magnetize the driver head. This helps the screws stick to the head, making it much easier to remove and replace the screws without cursing as they fall all over the place.

Safety pin or needle: This is for removing the cover stickers that are hiding the screws on your laptop’s surrounding cover, called the bezel.

Plastic putty knife or other thin object: This is optional, to aid in prying apart the screen bezel from the case. Personally, my finger nails usually do the trick. If you do use another object, ensure it’s thin enough but not so sharp that it will leave scrapes or other evidence of prying.

Small bowl or other container: This is for stashing the small screws—and keeping them safe from curious cats and children.

LAPTOP SCREEN REPLACEMENT

1. Remove the screen bezel

[​IMG]
    First, you need to disconnect the power supply and then after removing the battery you have to cautiously look at the bezel around the screen. You’ll need to remove this bezel to access the screws that hold the LCD panel in place.

Then you will get to see several rubber cushions hiding screws, which hold the bezel in place. So now you need to remove these cushions and the screws that are underneath.

[​IMG]

With the hidden screws removed, I used a thin metal blade to pop loose one of the bottom corners and worked my way around the bezel with a plastic spudger.

2. Remove the broken LCD panel

[​IMG]
    You need to get your LCD’s mounting brackets exposed, then you can remove the screws that secure it to the lid. Then leave the display front-side-down on the case and disconnect its cable.

Screen Screws & Wires

Once you have removed the speaker bezel you will see a total of 6 wires coming from the bottom of the screen and feeding into the laptop. From left to right,Video cable, (the cable which controls all aspects of color and brightness on the LCD ..backlight and such). Normally the laptops made before 2010 have LCDs with fluorescent backlights, it will likely have two cables. Otherwise, this would have an LED-backlit LCD and it only has one cable. Next will be 2 thin wires which control the 2 mics located by the webcam on this monitor. On the right side of the screen you have your wireless antenna wires and the webcam conroller wire, Your replacement screen should have all of these in it already.

[​IMG]

Now carefully locate the manufacturer’s label and note the model number.This important as Using this information you should be able to buy an exact match for your broken screen.your replacement screen should have all of these cables in it already. So you can simply disconnect the wires from the laptop and leave them attached to the screen, if you do not have these wires coming from your new screen be concerned, you may have the wrong screen or simply a lesser model.

Setting Antennas

[​IMG]

First thing you should notice after pulling the keyboard off is the track of the wireless antenna’s , then you may go ahead and release the wires from their little track and clips, and then gently snake the antenna ends through the whole which allows them to connect to the wireless card on the bottom of the laptop.

Be sure to remember how it snakes through if yours has any unexpected twists or hooks because you will need to put the new antenna wires back through this same way in a second.

3. Install the new LCD panel

[​IMG]
    Once your new screen arrives, unpack it and make sure it matches the old one.
    If the dimensions, mounting brackets, and connector all match, you ready to install the screen. Connect the new panel to the cable, position the panel in the lid, and secure it using the appropriate screws.

[​IMG]

4. Test the new LCD panel and reinstall the bezel
    Before reattaching the bezel, it’s a good idea to test the new panel. Reconnect the battery and power cable and turn the machine on. If the display works, you can reattach the bezel and any external screws and rubber cushions. The repair is now complete.

source : techyuga

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016
    monasen, Nov 15, 2016
Ask a Question