Acer Aspire S vs Asus VivoBook F556UA

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Abdul, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Abdul

Abdul

Hi

I am purchasing a new laptop in the next 2 weeks. This will NOT be a gaming or heavy video editing laptop, just heavy browsing, streaming, music, text editing.

I have narrowed my search down to 2 laptops. Please advise any pros cons. It will be greatly appreciated. I am in Canada and will buy from amazon.ca

Laptop 1: Acer Aspire S 14.1" FHD Laptop (Core i5-6200U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) with Windows 10 (French Bilingual Keyboard)
    Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MPZBDYV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

Laptop 2: Asus VivoBook F556UA-AB54 15.6-Inch Full-HD (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256G SSD) with Windows 10, Gold
    Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M08DL26/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

I am leaning towards the Acer even though I have heard mixed reviews about Acer laptops. Regardless, the reasons I am leaning towards the Acer are:
    1) Battery Life is significantly higher from what I've read
    2) Audio is high quality
    3) The size is more portable

HELP ME CHOOSE PLEASE!

Abdul, Dec 7, 2016
  2. Abdul

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

Well you have posed a difficult decision, the second one the ASUS has a
    faster cpu and does seem to be a standard type laptop.

As you have listed the acer has many addition advantages including the battery life.

It's going to be a very hard decision.

Personally I like acer laptops.

I have listed this site it will give you the benchmark for cpu's

http://www.passmark.com/about/

something back, Dec 7, 2016
  3. Abdul

Abdul

Thanks for your input. Would you mind telling me why you like Acer laptops over Asus?

Abdul, Dec 8, 2016
  4. Abdul

something back

Yes I have owned a few ACER laptops I find them to be quite sturdy, reliable,and the bios
    on them seem better than the ASUS.

I have owned 1 ASUS netbook and 1 tablet this has left me no longer a fan of asus none of the makes have broken down however.

You know that it's all subjective you can purchase a bad machine that puts you off a certain make.

You may want do some more homework to see if you can obtain parts for them, such as lcd screens,batteries, also if you can update them easily , ram and, hard drives ,etc.

something back, Dec 8, 2016
Ask a Question