Acer Aspire One ZG5 web cam stopped working

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by shrimp, Aug 24, 2011.

1. shrimp

shrimp

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire One ZG5 web cam and the Acer Cystlay Eye web cam has stopped working. When I tried to test it with Skype I got the message 'Can't access web cam. Close all other program that might be using it.' I had no other programs open.
    I then went to Devices and checked out the camera there and it said it was working properly! (I tried the Microsoft 'troubleshooting' but that was no help at all as it doesn't give anything for Windows XP which I have on the laptop).
    I also tried using the web cam with MSN Messenger and it wouldn't work with that either.

Although this is an unrelated problem, I have also discovered that my RealTek audio is also not working, unless I use head phones, whereas I used to be able to hear any sounds without using them. I am wondering if these problems are related and could it be something to do with the BIOS settings? If so, how do I put it right?

Thanks
    Maisie :)

shrimp, Aug 24, 2011
Ask a Question