Acer Aspire One soft case

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Gosefroba, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Gosefroba

Gosefroba

i was wondering if everyone here received a soft case with there Acer aspire one i recently bought aao and i did not have a soft case. So i was like wtf and called acer and they told me that there is different systems that have different stuff in i think it is a load of rubbish.

PS if someone answered this keep responding because i going to get the tech to come to this thread to show that it does come with

Gosefroba, Dec 24, 2008
  2. Gosefroba

johnwashere1

I dont have mine yet, but I believe I read only the old 3 cell battery models have them. The new 6 cell models dont have the case :( Good thing I still have an extra one I bought for my old eee pc.

johnwashere1, Dec 24, 2008
  3. Gosefroba

Gosefroba

o wow they were right i got a 6 cell funny thing is though there is still a spot were the softcase could be

Gosefroba, Dec 24, 2008
  4. Gosefroba

Photomonk

I got one with my purchase, though I want to give a word of warning. It is good for keeping the machine clean from dirt, but for protection you may want to invest the extra ($15 and up depending on the manufacturer) and get a padded sleeve for your computer. When I purchased mine, I did not know the softcase was included and purchased a sleeve/case for it. I am glad I did. I can actually put the softcase onto the machine, and the sleeve case has just enough room for the sleeved machine plus a pocket for the external power source, usb keys, etc.

Photomonk, Dec 24, 2008
  5. Gosefroba

ronime

ronime, Dec 24, 2008
  6. Gosefroba

dskid807

My UK A110 3 cell came with a leather case but it doesn't fit over my 9 cell and it offers no real protection to the AAO anyway.

dskid807, Dec 24, 2008
  7. Gosefroba

Gosefroba

wow thanks think im going to get that case look really nice and i just figured out why they do not have it in the 6 cell because it sticks out more

Gosefroba, Dec 24, 2008
  8. Gosefroba

info

No case was included with my AOA-150X from Amazon. I have several cases for the AAO as I like to dress it up a bit differently depending on where I am going. This is a very nice small case with a grip and a separate pouch for the adapter made by CaseLogic (it can be placed inside of other cases as well):

[​IMG]
    CaseLogic LNEO-10

info, Dec 24, 2008
  9. Gosefroba

tomt

I bought a couple of these from Curry's.

[​IMG]

Designed for an external hard disk.. but fits the Acer One perfectly. Cost £19.99
    Seems to protect it quite well and had room for the charger etc..

Also bought a cheap USB mouse from Tesco - came with a retractable USB cable
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-1182.aspx not bad for £5.44 (slightly cheaper in store due to the VAT reduction)

It also fit's in the case :)

tomt, Dec 29, 2008
  10. Gosefroba

carlos_arias1

both of the acer's i bought came with it

carlos_arias1, Dec 31, 2008
  11. Gosefroba

Stu

My A150 from John Lewis came with a soft case (also 160GB HDD). Bought just after Christmas with a November assembly date.

Stu, Jan 1, 2009
  12. Gosefroba

Grim Squeaker

Nope, mine did not have one. I bought the aforementioned caselogic bag - which gets a bit bulky with the power cord in it, but still works.

Grim Squeaker, Jan 1, 2009
  13. Gosefroba

azz2811

how much did u buy this for i saw one in the shops and it was $40 AUD and then there was the exact same case on ebay but it wasnt branded same design for $20 AUD so i was just wondering what do you think of those king of cases?

thanks

azz2811, Jan 1, 2009
  14. Gosefroba

Grim Squeaker

I bought mine (the original caselogic one, exactly as posted) for E 20 in a normal shop. I have also seen similar bags from the brand "Ideastyle" (but without a front pocket) for just E 7,99.

Grim Squeaker, Jan 1, 2009
  15. Gosefroba

info

I bought it from a reseller on Amazon called AntOnline for $11.50 (excellent delivery speed) and they charged $6.50 for shipping I believe. I don't usually like CaseLogic stuff but this is a must have case for the AAO imho (for case collectors anyway). The 6 cell fits nicely with a little room to spare.

Here it is.

info, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question