Acer Aspire One graphic card issues?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by smonroe06, Dec 5, 2011.

1. smonroe06

smonroe06

Hello, I have a few small problems which I think are all related--but I cannot find a fix. I'm hoping for help!

I've just installed windows xp on my acer aspire one 721. Everything has gone well, I managed to get the majority of the drives but I think a few are missing.

1. Hiberation and Sleep mode are nowhere to be found. I cannot pick it as an option anywhere in power management, and if I go to shut down it is there but the option is greyed out.

2. For some reason the only option for display resolution is 800 by 600. There is no way to set the resolution higher, although the screen should support it.

3. I cannot see any option for connecting to a second monitor via HDMI.

As I said, I think this is all a driver issue, as I've read sleep mode is sometimes greyed out until the graphics card is updated. But I've installed the driver for the ATI Ratheon HD 4225, which is the card in use. Should I be more specific in the installation?

Any solutions?

smonroe06, Dec 5, 2011
Ask a Question