Acer Aspire One Compatible LCD Screens?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Tony_hughes, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Tony_hughes

Tony_hughes

Hey all,

I currently have an Acer Aspire One AOA150 which has complete working internals but a cracked LCD screen. I just installed windows 8 viewing the screen via VGA and I plan on turning everything into a tablet. I have seen the many solder less touchscreen kits available and plan to use one but here's my question. I would like to use an LCD screen larger than the 8.9 in stock replacement but is this even possible? I would believe that a larger screen from another acer model may have the same connection to the motherboard as mine but I am not sure. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tony

Tony_hughes, Apr 1, 2013
  2. Tony_hughes

Tony_hughes

Research:

I currently have:
    -Acer Aspire One AOA-150 everything minus the screen
    -running Windows 8
    -120gb HDD
    -1, soon to be 1.5 GB Ram
    -Intel Atom 1.66ghz

My project with this netbook is to turn it into a touchscreen tablet. My ultimate fallback option is to buy a replacement 8.9in screen and add a solderless touchscreen kit overlay then build a custom case for everything.

I want to know if their are any other options as far as LCD screens that may be compatible with the onboard Intel R 945gme express chipset video card.

My preference would be to use the 10.1 inch screen found on other Acer Netbooks but I do not know if they are compatible.

This is what I know so far through research.
    -Stock Screen Replacement Size: 8.9"
    -Stock Screen Replacement Resolution: WSVGA 1024X600
    -Backlight Illumination: LED - 40 Pin
    -The connector cable from the motherboard to the screen is the ZG3 LCD cable part number: DDOZG5TH100

AAO D250 Series 10.1in screen
    -10.1 inch widescreen (8.74x4.92)
    -WSVGA (1024x600)
    -40 pin LED socket

Looking at the specs I would assume it would work. Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I have been working hard on this project and I would hate to let my lack of patience result in a smaller screen.

Tony_hughes, Apr 2, 2013
Ask a Question