Acer Aspire One Bluetooth headset with Skype

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Randy_Lamby, May 2, 2010.

1. Randy_Lamby

Randy_Lamby

Can anybody throw any light on the following issue I'm having, I've checked other posts but been unable to find a solution.

I have an Acer Aspire One 10.1" running Windows XP SP3

After installing Skype and using wired headphone/mic set I thought I'd try my Jabra BT200 bluetooth set.

I use a IVT Bluesol dongle using Bluesoleil 6.4.249.0 I can pair with bluetooth headset and microphone, I can now even get it to show up in Skype but even after selecting bluetooth audio as both input and output it doesn't work.

Does anybody have any ideas please?

Randy_Lamby, May 2, 2010
  2. Randy_Lamby

melhiore

It's three stage process:

1. You need to install Bluetooth dongle with all newest drivers in your OS.
    2. Pair Jabra headset.
    3. Go to Control Panel >> Sound and Audio Devices >> Audio tab >> from drop down menu chose your Bluetooth adapter and redirect all sound to this device.

I had some minor problems but after couple of attempts it started to behave right. Now I use Motorola stereo BT headset as Skype thing and also for my studies with video lectures with great results...

Should help I hope :)

melhiore, May 2, 2010
  3. Randy_Lamby

Randy_Lamby

Thanks, tried as suggested, selected bluetooth as default device input & output but still couldn't hear anything and no input. Conclusion I have found is Jabra BT200 is not compatible.

If anybody else has found otherwise, or uses a different headset please keep me updated.

Cheers

Randy_Lamby, May 2, 2010
  4. Randy_Lamby

Randy_Lamby

Couldn't get Jabra headset to work, purchased a Motorola S9 stereo Bluetooth headset which works perfectly with the Acer One and my iPhone, many thanks for the previous advice.

Randy_Lamby, May 28, 2010
Ask a Question