Acer Aspire One AO751H Touchpad Driver

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Molly, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Molly

Molly

Quick question:

Which touchpad driver do I need for the AcerAspire One AO751H (Za3) 11.6" netbook, Alps or Synaptics?

The support page offers both drivers, how do I know which one I need?

Molly, Sep 29, 2010
  2. Molly

Swarvey Moderator

Try both, one wll work, one won't. Probably your best bet would be Synaptics.

Swarvey, Sep 29, 2010
  3. Molly

Molly

and having a fifty-fifty chance to screw up my new installation with the wrong drivers? I think not.

i'd rather do without the bleedin finger gestures.

I just though there might be a way to identify the the hardware, but that seems to be asking for too much from Acer.

Molly, Oct 1, 2010
  4. Molly

XXX-Man

use diagnostic software like everest or pc wizard...
    you can download pc wizard 2010 from http://www.cpuid.com
    after you install it click on "devices" icon and the type of touchpad should be in first row...

if you need more help on this please ask and I will try to explain it, but my english isn't very good...

XXX-Man, Oct 1, 2010
  5. Molly

Swarvey Moderator

It won't "screw up" your installation. If the driver is the wrong one, the installer wont let you continue because it wont detect the appropriate hardware, or if it does continue and it's the wrong driver, it won't effect your system, Device manager will still show the default driver until the appropriate one is installed. In which case you simply uninstall the wrong driver and install the other.

Swarvey, Oct 1, 2010
  6. Molly

Molly

This may hold true for Alps drivers, the Synaptics driver will install even if there's no matching device.

I did identify the device ID alright, yet there was no result from google as to the manufacturer.

I still find it a pretty awkward policy that Acer is using parts as they come and offer drivers for devices that may or may not have been used in a specific model.

Anyway, it wasn't my netbook, and i'm not getting paid to be bothered with such nuisance, I downloaded both drivers and told the guy to get in touch with Acer support and ask them which one to install.

Thanks for all your suggestions, appreciated, M.

Molly, Oct 2, 2010
  7. Molly

bratislav

I have AO751h and im using Synaptics,works like a charm. :!:

bratislav, Oct 29, 2010
Ask a Question