Acer Aspire One 10" Bluetooth Module

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by theanswer3, Feb 13, 2009.

1. theanswer3

theanswer3

Based on the pics from the FCC I found out what the bluetooth module is going to be. It looks like the bluetooth button will be available on all models, and hopefully all the wires will be in their as well and it will just be plug and play. The module is Broadcom T60H928 P/N BCM92045NM0 The good news is that that card is used by a bunch of manufacturers and is available on ebay.

theanswer3, Feb 13, 2009
  2. theanswer3

ArbitrageMan

I just got my 10" today and there is no bluetooth button. Not only that, there is no trace of anything bluetooth anywhere, and no bluetooth adapter shows up in the device manager.

ArbitrageMan, Feb 17, 2009
  3. theanswer3

theanswer3

Yeah I got mine on Monday as well and I was disappointed the button was missing, however I am pretty sure it is the exact same board as will be on the version with bluetooth, and since i know the card once i get this apart, I need to find the wire and the card and add it and it will work. Of course there is no mention of bluetooth inside since the feature is not available, but the drivers for the d150 were all just posted and the bluetooth driver is included, I'll bet once driver and card are installed it will work. Very similar to the tnkgrl bluetooth mod in the 8.9 except their should be a spot on the board for bluetooth to plug in.

theanswer3, Feb 17, 2009
  4. theanswer3

ArbitrageMan

Please definitely post what you find out. I'd open it up and add a bluetooth adapter if I knew I wouldnt run into any problems.

ArbitrageMan, Feb 17, 2009
  5. theanswer3

chuckcalo

chuckcalo, Feb 17, 2009
  6. theanswer3

theanswer3

Thanks, that is definitely small, but I need all 3 of my usb ports, the d150 comes apart way easier than the older 8.9 did. I have the service guide so I have exact instructions how this thing come apart. I will let you know what I find out.

theanswer3, Feb 17, 2009
  7. theanswer3

savydad

I ordered that one from d/e and it will be here sometime in the next month, if I need more ports I can use a hub...would you be willing to share your service guide if it's in an e-format? I'd be curious to know what would be involved with putting one internally

savydad, Feb 22, 2009
  8. theanswer3

ccolekey

I'm ordering the bluetooth parts today and will be installing next week.
    If anyone has any advice that gets to it before me please post.

I will do the same.

Thanks!

ccolekey, Mar 1, 2009
  9. theanswer3

caulktel

I thought that bluetooth was a built in optional card on the 10 inch model. If so, where do you get said card?

caulktel, Mar 18, 2009
  10. theanswer3

HaTaX

So how did you guys make out installing the bluetooth board? This is one thing holding me back from the 10" model right now, I added it to my 8.9 and want to make sure I can keep all 3 USB ports and bluetooth still..

HaTaX, Mar 19, 2009
  11. theanswer3

davidharvey

Mine has the button. When I connect to my phone with it (sony c905) it gives me all sort of options that I have no idea what they are :shock:

davidharvey, Mar 21, 2009
  12. theanswer3

FreddyA

Has anyone been able to tap into the top side mini pcie? I wired a 3.3v tuner but am looking for the 5v tap for full usb power. IS there a USB pad on the d150 like the cn11 on the a150? I need to keep my ouside usbs open utside and wire up a hub inside for touch, BT, phonejack and the tuner. Anyone know where I could tap 5v on d150?

FreddyA, Jun 5, 2009
  13. theanswer3

elmo

Seems the D250 units selling in the States do not have Bluetooth or the new Atom 280 that some selling in other countries have?

elmo, Jun 5, 2009
  14. theanswer3

elmo

David would you post your part number Part #: LU.xxxxxxx so I can Google it

elmo, Jun 5, 2009
Ask a Question