Acer Aspire E 15 Buying guide.

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by umair, Aug 12, 2016.

1. umair

umair

Hi everyone, I want to buy this Acer Aspire E 15 laptop, but It's price in US is $550 (core i5) and in UK it's price is GBP 600,

US link
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-NVIDIA-Windows-E5-575G-76YK/dp/B01F1Z78GM

UK link
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-NVIDIA-Windows-Layout/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1471027945&sr=1-1&keywords=Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG
    Is it possible that i get free shipping this laptop from US to UK for $550? or any better idea, i never buy anything from any online store before.

Thanks for watching this thread.

umair, Aug 12, 2016
  2. umair

Ian Administrator

Unfortunately, there will be import duty to pay when buying things from the states which will bump the price up significantly. Also, Amazon don't ship electronics goods to the UK - so that's show stopper too :(.

Ian, Aug 12, 2016
    SirJoe and umair like this.
  3. umair

umair

Thanks for your reply. very informative forum.

umair, Aug 12, 2016
  4. umair

SirJoe

It's so annoying, computers are much cheaper in the US then where I live and when I bought my laptop I went through amazon and ebay and found some really good prices, but the deal breaker wasn't so much the transport fees but the import taxes and extra charges I had have to pay.

SirJoe, Aug 18, 2016
    umair likes this.
  5. umair

something back

You have to watch out the voltages are different,this may require purchasing a new power pack/charger.

The laptop INTERNAL POWER WILL BE THE SAME

something back, Aug 18, 2016
  6. umair

rz3300

I have come to the realization in all my years that the phrase "you get what you pay for" is pretty darn accurate most of the time, and I have always had issues going with Acer for this reason. I did give in, once, and it turned out to be a bust, and shortly thereafter traded it in and got a different brand, so I guess I never really gave them a fair shake, but oh well. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 29, 2016
    umair likes this.
Ask a Question