Acer Aspire couldn't boot into windows

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tetris999, Oct 16, 2008.

1. tetris999

tetris999

So basically my aspire just went through a strange malfunction which was caused by an unknown reason

Basically, my laptop was working and booting and then 30 minutes after, the netbook would refuse to start windows. It would basically be able to get to the welcome screen and then shut off after 10 seconds. I tried to boot the aspire one into safe mode but that only gave a down spiraling problem of not even being able to get to the welcome screen. I then booted to the system setup and left it for about 5 minutes and it never turned off.

distressed, i unplugged the battery from the netbook and inserted the AC adapter. Still, the same problem ensued. After trying to get it to turn on for about 10 minutes, i unplugged the netbook and then inserted the battery; i turned it on one last time and it worked miraculously.

So now im typing this post with my aspire working flawlessly, but i am very worried if this problem happens again and doesnt fix itself. The aspire is only a day old, and i did have it bouncing around in a backpack (it was padded though......) and after it was taken out; this problem happened.

If anyone can tell me what happened here it would be a big help, thanks.

and also, what are things i can do to prevent this from happening; and is this big of enough problem to have it returned?

tetris999, Oct 16, 2008
  2. tetris999

rory

put it in a small pocket of the backpack so the hdd doesnt bounce round, thats probably whtat caused it..
    Rory

rory, Oct 16, 2008
  3. tetris999

tetris999

well did this problem leave permanent marks on the hard drive?

or did luckily fix itself and it probably wont happen if i prevent it from bouncing around?

tetris999, Oct 16, 2008
  4. tetris999

rory

I have no ides on the internal workings of a HDD, but it may have sorted itself out...

rory, Oct 16, 2008
  5. tetris999

Kei

If it was me and i had the chance i would switch it at the store its better doing that then getting your aao setup a week later and losing all of your data

Kei, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question