Acer Aspire 7540

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Guest, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi looking for some help with my Desktop and have spent over an hour going in circles on the Acer home page.

http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx
    Acer Support
    Homepage->System Information the numbers are rejected because "That does not appear to be a valid serial number, please check the serial number on your computer and try again."
    They are definately correct going by sticker on base AND whats against my name on my Acer Profile Account opened when i registered with them.
    So they have accepted it back in 2009 when I purchased but for some reason now it doesnt accept it:(
    All I am trying to do is check for updates to my drivers. When I open from desktop Acer, Acer Update the box opens and is blank, clicking on check for updates, changes to update search and then 2 or 3 secs later goes back previous box with (0 available) in top right hand corner.
    When I select History there are no updates recorded at all. the box is blank.
    I wondered if maybe Norton360 has blocked the updater but did disable Firewall and AV then did update and no difference. It is set to check every day so can it be that it has needed no updates since it left the shop in 2009?
    I use Windows 7 and never work in Admin mode, dont know if that helps.
    This is my first Acer product but there website seems constructed to frustrate and put you off contacting them, Contact Support gives you 84 FAQs!! but never "Whats your email".

Thanks for any help coming,
    Rod :)

Guest, Dec 21, 2011
  2. Guest

something back

something back, Dec 21, 2011
Ask a Question