Acer Aspire 5750G Graphics Card Problem (Nvidia)

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Cofresh, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Cofresh

Cofresh

Hello aspireoneuser's

I have had my new Acer Aspire 5750G laptop since christmas so it is not even a year old, and I am already having graphics card problems, I'm not sure how it occurred but one day I tried playing skyrim and it said that my graphics card was the Intel Graphics Card Family (internal graphics that came with the laptop) not my Nvidia Geforce GT 540M which was really odd, I went into device manager to have a look to see if it was there and it still was there so the driver was defiantly there, I then went to delete both drivers and download them again, update, latest the whole lot.

Still having this problem! So then I opened up 'Steam' and tried to play counter strike a message popped up saying I had no graphics card, but I could still play of the default graphics.

Do you think it is something on the inside that is causing this and I should send it back or is there a fix that I just don't know about?

Please could you help me fix this?! It's very annoying for a £600-£900 laptop. Any help would be appreciated!

-Cofresh

Cofresh, Apr 29, 2012
  2. Cofresh

Swarvey Moderator

Not familiar with your model, but I do have to ask, is the nVidia graphics chip you mention an internal GPU? or is it something you've added?

I ask because there is a possibility you could use device manager to disable the intel graphics. But if the nVidia chip is an addon, disabling the intel chip might cause major problems.

Swarvey, Apr 29, 2012
Ask a Question