Acer AO715h and OS X - at a total loss please HELP!!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by torchwood, Aug 18, 2009.

1. torchwood

torchwood

ok im at a total loss here so here goes, help from anyone at this point would be great. i just got, yesterday, a acer aspire one AO715h because manly it was a frikkin deal at my local store. now i have an eeepc which i installed ipc 10.5.6 onto with no problems, well apart from experimenting. But what im saying is is im not a newbie (now anyway lol) to installing OS X on something else.

therte was a TON of stuff out there about the eeepc and os x but there seems to be very little about the acers. so i have seen that it has been done, but i'll be damned if i can get it to work. so far tried ideneb 1.4, ipc 10.5.6, iatokos_v7, used the cpus=1 on booting from the cd. but as far as i get is the grey apple logo screen and thats it. ive searched and tried this method and that method. im about to give up and take it back to the shop and get something i know i can install os x onto. this is a GREAT netbook, especially at the price i got it for, the full sized keyboard and the big HD screen are awesome.

but i really want os x on it. so after that diatribe i guess my question for everyone is can it be done on my acer? any pointers, links anything would be gratefully appreciated

torchwood, Aug 18, 2009
  2. torchwood

rory

You wont get anything good on graphics at all. Its a completely unsupported chipset
    Sorry.
    Looked at it myself, (ad I did with the dell mini 12, those 2 are the only netbooks with good res screens) and didnt get either because of the gma500 and stuck with my trusty aao
    Looking for something with 100% os x, get an nb200
    very nice laptop, and 100% supported including sleep afaik http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f181/77504.htm

rory, Aug 18, 2009
  3. torchwood

torchwood

so basically rory youre saying it wont install on it right? not that it will install but your screen resolution is naf. lol and funnily enough when i was at the shop i looked at the toshiba, love the keyboard on it, but the screen on the acer made me get it. but if its not going to work i can deal with that i guess lol as i can't stand windows.

ok they have the Toshiba Mini NB205-N312/BL, blue with a silver keyboard (likey) or Toshiba Mini NB205-N210 just plane boring black. not the 200. and i could swap it for either of those. i know its not the nb200. what do you think? think it would work?

ok should have looked at the link you provided before i posted...lol sorry.

seems i can work on the nb205.....which one would do you think i should get rory?

torchwood, Aug 18, 2009
  4. torchwood

rory

Well it should install, but yeah graphics will be stuch at 800x600 wasting the beautiful high res screen! And not sure which to get, but yeah the nb205 is the us version of the nb200.

rory, Aug 18, 2009
  5. torchwood

brushless

The NB200/NB205's screen resolution of 1024X600 is just a bit short; I'll continue my search for an 11.1 or 11.6 inch screen with resolution of 1366X768 as a KIRF MacBook Air... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

brushless, Aug 18, 2009
  6. torchwood

rory

Nothing much really. The gigabyte thing has a bigger res and a touchscreen and gma950 but only 3 cell batt i think.
    Apple really have it covered lol. Only hope is the msi x slim base model, but i think that has gs45 graphoics which i think are unsupported.

rory, Aug 18, 2009
  7. torchwood

torchwood

if only someone would make the chipset work =) hummm im game to give it a go. wish i could get past the damn grey apple screen, thats all i get with any distro ive tried so far

torchwood, Aug 18, 2009
  8. torchwood

Prombar

Yeah i have the same problem with the grey screen!

Any progress?

Prombar, Aug 27, 2009
  9. torchwood

funnyfoo0

i recommend using the xXx install disc just google it

funnyfoo0, Sep 12, 2009
Ask a Question