AC Power dont work with VGA out Plugged

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by eku, Nov 9, 2008.

1. eku

eku

Hi everyone,

My A150 have a extrange problem.

The AC Power dont work (dont charge, led off) with VGA out or earphone jacks (connected to tv) Plugged. When unplugged one or both , Power AC (led on) works again...

Any idea?

eku, Nov 9, 2008
  2. eku

dirk

I dont know what you mean by 'extrange' problem, but from what you describe, it sounds like there may possibly be a fault in the mains power wiring in your house, or a fault with your TV.

Try connecting your AC power supply to the same socket that the TV is plugged into, use a socket doubler, or power strip if needs be. It would seem that there's a phase issue or earth loop imbalance or, well, something.

The issues you are having should not be happening. The ground pin of the AAO VGA connector is connected to DC ground, which will/may be connected to AC neutral. It is possible that when connected to the TV via a VGA lead, the linked ground states are causing a problem, but if this happened to me, I'd start walking around in thick rubber soled shoes.

I strongly suggest bringing in a qualified electrician to check the domestic wiring.

dirk, Nov 9, 2008
  3. eku

eku

Hi thanks for your quick reply.

No , its not a wire or tv problem.
    I make the test in four monitors (2 tv and 2 pc monitors) in my house ,in my offcice, and the problems persist: When VGA are pugged the laptop dont charge (led off) , when unplugg VGA charge again (led on)

This morning calling Spanish Acer Support. In next days the solution.

Thanks

eku, Nov 10, 2008
  4. eku

chienpourri

I have exactly the same behavior with my AAO 110! Do you have a fix or was it a bad unit?

I just tried for the very first time the VGA input, when I plugged it sparks came out of the VGA metal bracket (at the side of the AAO)! At first I tought everything was fried... But to my surprise it won't charge at all with VGA plugged in (green light turn off, even with netbook powered off). I also tried plugging VGA first (no sparks that way!) then AC and the light won't come up either.

However my VGA works fine on battery, but what's the point of having a netbook connected to a monitor, mouse, kb and speakers if it can't run on AC???

chienpourri, Oct 22, 2009
Ask a Question