AAO751h: Battery not detected

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by MevaD, Nov 26, 2011.

1. MevaD

MevaD

Hi all,

AAO751h 2GB 250GB 3 cell battery Vista Basic.

When running on mains, the battery is shown with a red cross through it. When on battery power is shown as 'unknown remaining'. Thinking the battery was shot, I bought a second user 6-cell battery. Same thing happens. On reading about the problems with Vista and batteries I tried all the suggested fixes (removing ACPI driver etc.) to no avail. In desperation I installed XP thinking that this would fix the problem. Nope, the battery is not detected. Both batteries charge up OK and will discharge normally until they run out of juice.

I am now convinced that this is a hardware problem. Does anybody have any advice or fix for this problem, please?

Regards

MevaD, Nov 26, 2011
  2. MevaD

Swarvey Moderator

Try updating your BIOS, or the old trick of removing the battery, powering off the laptop, then holding the power button for 10-30 seconds to clear our any capacitors etc on the motherboard.

Swarvey, Nov 29, 2011
Ask a Question