AA1 makes you cool

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by wst50, Sep 11, 2008.

1. wst50

wst50

Anyone else had loads of 'Oh wow that is so cool/tiny/awesome' comments when using the AA1 in public-ish places (schools count - nonfriends even been saying it). Loads are amazed when I say my AA1 was only £200 as well. I might have converted some to getting an AA1, now I think about it.

So yes, general appreciation of AA1 being cool here, methinks.

wst50, Sep 11, 2008
  2. wst50

yuwing

i got at least 5 from first week of skoolz lol

yuwing, Sep 11, 2008
  3. wst50

unhookmybra

No it's soooo not!!!! I got rid of it after 1 week of use. It was cool at first but after a second use at Starbucks, I started becoming embarrassed. I didn't want other people to think or say "ooohh that girl and her plastic-looking white acer cheaptop...maybe she got it at walmart or whatever." It would be especially embarrassing when another person at Starbucks is using an expensive macbook or Sony TZ and I come and sit there with my bargain-basement Linux that keeps giving black screen. I know most people say I'm hot and very fashion-conscious but the AA1 just didn't cut it anymore.

It was a mistake to get an AA1 but hopefully Acer will launch a more girl-friendly and upscale netbook with a little bit of pizzaz so that I won't look like a cheap $2 whore at Starbucks. ;)

unhookmybra, Sep 12, 2008
  4. wst50

engin2

Girl you lost confidence.

Cool is in the usage of the AA1 as well as in the AA1 itself. Your previous trip to Starbucks pyshed you out and you then bailed out, putting hte AA1 to one side.

Get back out there and then laugh at tehm with their expensive kit. "you paid how mcuh? For that?".....And the look at the time should say "the person I am talking to is an absolute tool!".

I sit on the end desk by the office doors with poeple coming in and out all the time (perhaps 200 people working on this floor of the building). I have the AA1 sitting near the corner of the desk for people to look at as they enter. Its diminutive size is highlighted bythe fact that my work screen is a 30" Dell monitor.

The comments are always along the lines of "Wow, look at the size of that screen", then when they notice the AA1, "and look at that tiny laptop. It's stunning! What is it?"

So far on my floor, one colleague has bought an AA1 (SSD in blue) and another is looking for an SSD in white.

E

engin2, Sep 12, 2008
  5. wst50

remoh

lol - you are either insane or a troll poster

remoh, Sep 12, 2008
  6. wst50

Murgatroid

This is priceless, given the poster's username!

Murgatroid, Sep 12, 2008
  7. wst50

donec

I hadn't noticed that about the name. Seeing that I must agree 100%.

donec, Sep 12, 2008
  8. wst50

billr

Wot a tale of woe :lol: :lol:

solution is simple - rent a Porche, park it outside....then make sure you are seen by the Mucbook freaks getting out of yr shiny Porche with yr shiny AA1 :D :D :twisted:

AND then....go over to the other side of the street and have yr coffe at Costa :lol: :lol:

billr, Sep 12, 2008
  9. wst50

Coelli

You left out the part about being a troll. :)

Coelli, Sep 13, 2008
  10. wst50

unhookmybra

I was thinking about scraping the acer logo on the front and inner lid and putting a Sony logo sticker but it would take too much time and effort. Or just cover it up with a hello kitty sticker but it's still acer so I decided to just let it go. I'll definitely go back with acer aspire when they release a newer and improved version of it.

unhookmybra, Sep 13, 2008
  11. wst50

wst50

UHMB- prove you're hot and fashion conscious ;)
    Covering the AA1 with a Vaio sticker would be incredibly lame. Even worse than buying one.
    But I know I'll be stickering up my AA1, stops the lid getting scratched and lets me personalise it a bit, externally.

wst50, Sep 13, 2008
  12. wst50

fateastray

Err...If you're so ashamed of the Acer logo/reputation/image, don't buy an acer. Save up more money and buy one of those prestigious macbooks............

I've had 'awesome notebook' comments. Maybe because I -really- like it, and it rubs off. You don't like your One. People see you don't like it. It's not a written invitation to ridicule you with it, but it's pretty close lol.

fateastray, Sep 13, 2008
  13. wst50

chowwuikeung

Really, you're just saying that the most expansive stuff is the 'current' trend. Again, you don't buy stuff to impress (unless you're talking about fashion). AAO is made for mobility in mind.

Yeah, people around me like the AAO. I, myself, find it impressive to put improvements on it. I've just installed a java compiler a few minutes ago, just another milestone for me. I find pride in getting more out of something.

chowwuikeung, Sep 14, 2008
  14. wst50

ani88

I don't know why that girl is "embarrassed". For me, I bought the AAO because I hated lugging my "expensive" 6lb Apple Powerbook G4 around. One thing about the AAO is that it attracts so much attention that I don't even want to take it out at public places because people will STARE without coming up to talk to me. :lol:

ani88, Sep 14, 2008
  15. wst50

bdacerone

I'm a guy in my mid 40s, so I guess I gave up worrying about looking cool a long time ago. When I bought my acer, the guy in the shop brought me one in white, and I did think it looked plasticky (rather like the white Mac ibook I've got). I changed it for the blue aa1, and I'm very, very happy with it. One of the things I really like is that I can actually carry it around the house (say from living room to bedroom) without putting it to sleep. I just slip my hand in the gap between the lid and the keyboard. I don't know if this was a design choice or not, but it's cool. Even if my other laptops had this kind of gap I couldn't comfortably carry them like that because they're so damn heavy.

bdacerone, Sep 14, 2008
  16. wst50

remoh

don't feed the troll

remoh, Sep 14, 2008
  17. wst50

dattaway

Funny how many fell for it.

dattaway, Sep 14, 2008
  18. wst50

Grim Squeaker

One would think the name would be a giveaway...

Grim Squeaker, Sep 14, 2008
  19. wst50

fateastray

Hmm that just make me think of breasts. But since this is a computer forum, also, on a 40 yo bald man...

fateastray, Sep 14, 2008
  20. wst50

jpnjim

You must've not read the directions. :lol:

The first thing I pulled out of the box was a single piece of paper that said DO NOT use that opening as a handhold. :

Of course I tried it immediately after reading that, and have been carring it that way ever since. :lol: :lol:

They say you could crush your fingers or something when closing it.

Number one reason I don't want a 6 cell batt, is I'd lose that great handhold.

I'd actually like to add a little wriststrap, or something to the hinge, for some extra insurance when I'm walking around with it.

jpnjim, Sep 14, 2008
Ask a Question